Madrid Moves To Phase 1 of De-Escalation from Monday – Update and Guide To What That Means To You.
After two failed attempts the central Spanish government has finally agreed to the Madrid regional governments request to move from Phase 0 to Phase 1 from Monday.
Madrid was particularly badly hit by the virus but the situation has improved with 1,464 remaining hospitalized patients, including 277 presently in ICUs.
The duration of Phase 1 is expected for between 7 and 14 days.
What Is Permitted In Phase 1
- Meet friends and family – social getherings of up to 10 people are permitted – indoors or out as long as social distancing measures are respected.
- Open your business – Small businesses can re-open respecting distance norms.
- Have an outdoor caña – Terrazas are open at 50% capacity
- Stay In a hotel or tourist Apartment – Common areas remain closed.
- Pray – Churches are open at 30% capacity
- Play – Non-professional sports are allowed though no physical contact is allowed.
- Go shopping to open air markets.
- Go to small cultural events – indoor venues at 30% capacity – outside max 200 pax.
- Visit a museum – open at 30% capacity.
To date Spain has recorded 280,117 Covid 19 cases of which 27,940 have died and 196,958 recovered.