Madrid Moves To Phase 1 of De-Escalation from Monday
Madrid Moves To Phase 1 of De-Escalation from Monday – Update and Guide To What That Means To You.
After two failed attempts the central Spanish government has finally agreed to the Madrid regional governments request to move from Phase 0 to Phase 1 from Monday.
The Health Minister Salvador Illa said today that from Monday ” All of Spain is going to be in at least Phase 1. And 47% of the population will be in Phase 2.”
Madrid was particularly badly hit by the virus but the situation has improved with 1,464 remaining hospitalized patients, including 277 presently in ICUs.
The duration of Phase 1 is expected for between 7 and 14 days.
What Is Permitted In Phase 1
- Meet friends and family – social getherings of up to 10 people are permitted – indoors or out as long as social distancing measures are respected.
- Open your business – Small businesses can re-open respecting distance norms.
- Have an outdoor caña – Terrazas are open at 50% capacity
- Stay In a hotel or tourist Apartment – Common areas remain closed.
- Pray – Churches are open at 30% capacity
- Play – Non-professional sports are allowed though no physical contact is allowed.
- Go shopping to open air markets.
- Go to small cultural events – indoor venues at 30% capacity – outside max 200 pax.
- Visit a museum – open at 30% capacity.
To date Spain has recorded 280,117 Covid 19 cases of which 27,940 have died and 196,958 recovered.