The Madrid regional government has confirmed the days that will be official bank holidays for the Communidad for the coming year.
2022 sees two variations being the addition of 25th July to celebrate the 120th Compostela Holy Year, which falls when his feast day falls on a Sunday as well birth and deaths and “rebirth in heaven.”
in honour of Spain´s patron saint, Santiago.
In addition as Christmas Day falls on a Sunday, Madrileños will be able to celebrate Boxing Day on Monday 26th December.
- 1st January ( Saturday) New Year´s Day
- 6th January ( Thursday) Epiphany – Three Kings Day
- 14th April, Maundy Thursday
- 15th April, Good Friday
- 2nd May (Monday), Dos De Mayo
- 25th July (Monday), Santiago the Apostle
- 15th August (Monday), Assumption of Mary
- 12th October (Wednesday), Fiesta de la Hispanidad
- 1st November (Tuesday), All Saints Day
- 6th December (Tuesday), Spanish Constitution Day
- 8th December (Thursday), Immaculate Conception
- 26th December (Monday), Christmas Day in lieu of 25th December
In addition to the bank holidays designated for the Communidad of Madrid the capital also has its two further bank holidays being the feast days of its patron saint, San Isidro on the 15th May as well her patron virgin, Almudena.
Including the capital, there are 179 municapalities in the region, each with its own two “local fiestas.”